Faculty & Staff Caucuses
Virginia Tech has ten faculty/staff caucuses representing differing communities at the university.
See information below on faculty/staff caucuses, or contact Chatrice Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To create supportive and welcoming spaces for Peoples to connect and be empowered.
- To build reciprocal relationships between constituents.
- To ensure all voices are represented in university programming.
- To optimize the spirit of Virginia Tech’s land grant mission.
- To honor the Monacan Nation (as Virginia Tech is a land grant university on Monacan land)
- To foster the development of positive and lasting collaboration between Virginia Tech and Virginia tribes.
- To promote the tenets of the university’s statement of purpose regarding culturally inclusive learning communities.
- To engage Natives, especially youth, in pathways that might lead to future studies at Virginia Tech.
Co-Chair | Sam Cook | email@example.com
Co-Chair | Donna Westfall-Rudd | firstname.lastname@example.org
CCC for AIIPA
Vice Chair of CEOD | Melissa Faircloth | email@example.com
- To serve as an advocacy and support group for faculty and staff at Virginia Tech who self-identify as Asian broadly defined, including Southeast Asian, South Asian, Pacific Islander, mixed-race Asian, Middle Eastern, East Asian, and Central Asian; do work pertinent to Asian/Asian American communities; and/or are interested in participating in conversations relevant to those who identify as Asian/Asian American. The caucus functions as a liaison to the university community on issues relevant to Asians and Asian Americans, and is committed to supporting Asian/Asian American students at Virginia Tech.
Co-Chair | Carola Haas | firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chair | Theo Lim | email@example.com
Treasurer | Jim Tokuhisa | firstname.lastname@example.org
Publicity Officer | Michelle Soledad | email@example.com
Community Organizing Officer | Kang Xia | firstname.lastname@example.org
CCC for AIIPA
Nina Ha | email@example.com
- The purpose of the Black Faculty/Staff caucus shall be to promote the well being of Black faculty, staff and students of Virginia Tech; to assertively push for the recruitment of Black faculty, staff and students; to assist in the recruitment and retention of Black undergraduate and graduate students at Virginia Tech; to encourage equitable utilization of Black faculty, staff and students throughout the university community; to be a liaison between the Black faculty, staff and students and the university administration; and to organize and maintain a support network for Black faculty, staff and students at Virginia Tech.
To receive important information about events, meetings, and community happenings, please join the Black Faculty/Staff Listserv. You may Email Us your request.
President | Bev Watford | firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President | Kory Trott | email@example.com
Secretary | Latanya Walker | firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer | Patrick Wallace | email@example.com
CCC for Black Caucus of Virginia Tech
Kimberly Clark-Shaw | firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Disability Alliance at VT is a Registered Student Organization which contains a Faculty/Staff Disability Caucus. This is a space for disabled Virginia Tech community members and their allies to come together and engage in community building, mutual support, and disability activism. The Disability Alliance at VT is a Registered Student Organization which contains a Faculty/Staff Disability Caucus. This is a space for disabled Virginia Tech community members and their allies to come together and engage in community building, mutual support, and disability activism. As a cross-disability organization, we celebrate the diversity of disability experiences. We welcome those with mental illnesses, developmental, intellectual, and learning disabilities, chronic illnesses, and/or other hidden disabilities. We acknowledge the validity of both self and professional forms of diagnoses, and we won’t ask you to prove your identities. We hope to create a diverse group which honors the varied and multiple identities disabled people and their allies may hold.
Co-Chair | Elizabeth McLain | email@example.com
Co-Chair | Emily Burns | firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer/Secretary | Lydia Qualls | email@example.com
- The Hispanic and Latino Faculty Staff Caucus (the Hispanic Caucus) collaborates with the University Administration for the recruitment and retention of Hispanic/Latino faculty, staff, and students.
We also support community efforts that commemorate the diverse cultures in this region. The Caucus aims to enhance the quality of education and life for all faculty, staff and students at Virginia Tech and residents in surrounding communities.
Leadership Board | Carlos Evia | firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership Board | Dannette Gomez Beane | email@example.com
Leadership Board | Michael Walsh | firstname.lastname@example.org
Leadership Board | Claudia Brodkin | email@example.com
CCC for Hispanic & Latinx Faculty & Staff Caucus
Veronica Montes | firstname.lastname@example.org
- The LGBTQ+ Caucus at Virginia Tech is committed to advancing equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people and their families. The caucus seeks to improve the lives of LGBTQ+ individuals both at the University and in the New River Valley community through educational programming, social activities, public service, and outreach.
- Together with our allies, we strive to share information and initiate progressive community change as we visibly work for social justice and human rights
Co-Chair | Jes Davis | email@example.com
CEOD Rep | John Gray Williams | firstname.lastname@example.org
CCC for LGBTQ+ Caucus
Bing | email@example.com
- The purpose of the Veterans Caucus is to improve the working, learning, and living environment for employee and student veterans; advocate for the mentoring of and transitional support for veterans returning to work and/or school and recommend actions to improve the recruitment and retention of employee and student veterans.
Chair | Juan Cordero-Sierra | firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Chair | Elvis Rosario | email@example.com
Secretary | Janette Moser Moore | firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the spirit of Ut Prosim, the Virginia Tech Women's Alliance champions an equitable and inclusive culture.
- The Women's Alliance, in solidarity with caucuses and other university and community allies, provides the Virginia Tech community a forum to achieve shared goals and promote opportunities for underrepresented groups, which includes women of all identities by advancing:
- Dialogue among the Women's Alliance and the university community
- Campus services and programs that address the needs of women
- Efforts to remove systemic barriers to advancement
- Equity in hiring, promotion, and compensation
- Mentoring and networking opportunities
- Access to quality childcare for university employees and students
- Positive and inclusive campus climate
- Identification and resolution of campus equity and safety issues
Contact | Menah Pratt | email@example.com