Black History Month Call for Program Proposals
Fill out the Google Form to submit any programs and/or events you or your department are planning for Black History Month (BHM) to be included in the university's BHM Calendar of Events.
A message from President Tim Sands
To the Virginia Tech community...
Click below to learn more about the InclusiveVT Alumni Spotlight series.
Resisting Xenophobia and Showing Support for Asian Pacific Islander Desi Americans (APIDA)
Since the start of COVID-19, there have been over 3900 documented anti-Asian hate crimes—an increase of 1900%. As educators, it is our responsibility to resist false narratives that fuel xenophobic crimes and to decolonize thinking that props up model minority and orientalist stereotypes. As educators, it is our responsibility--collectively and individually--to reflect, read, learn, and act toward justice, and to understand the intersections of identities that shape our lived experiences.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice: https://advancingjustice-aajc.org/
- Hate is a Virus: https://hateisavirus.org/
- Hollaback Bystander Training: https://www.ihollaback.org/bystanderintervention
- Intercollegiate APIDA Coalition: https://www.instagram.com/ic.apida.coalition
- Next Shark: https://nextshark.com/about/
- No Hate VA: https://www.oag.state.va.us/programs-initiatives/no-hate-va
- Red Canary Song: https://www.redcanarysong.net/
Stop AAPI Hate: https://stopaahate.org
- Mental Health Support:
- Crisis Text Line: Text “STEVE” to 741741 for free 24/7 crisis counseling, specifically for POC.
- National Suicide Hotline: 1-800-273-8255