InclusiveVT: Committed to Ut Prosim (that I may serve) in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence.
As Vice President for Strategic Affairs and Vice Provost for Inclusion and Diversity, I am grateful for the amazing opportunity to work at Virginia Tech. I have found Tech to be a phenomenal institution, deeply committed to Ut Prosim (that I may serve) and committed to change, to sustainable transformation, and to actualizing its potential as a public land-grant institution. As a land grant, we have an obligation and responsibility to actualize the vision of providing access and education to our country’s most vulnerable populations, and to students with the potential and ability to transform the world through their talents, ideas, and voices.
We recognize that we cannot meet the mandate of preparing students for service without equipping them with the tools and strategies they will need to work, live, and learn In a diverse and complex world. Today’s world is a world of many ideas, thoughts, perspectives, backgrounds, experiences, philosophies, and beliefs. It is a world of individuals with multiple identities – race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity, language, and ability. It is a world where some are privileged to serve and others are in positions to be in need of service, services, assistance, and support. It is a world that needs courageous and compassionate leaders who are committed to Ut Prosim (that I may serve), in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. With InclusiveVT and the Principles of Community as our core values, Virginia Tech is preparing leaders for the world.
- Menah Pratt-Clarke, J.D., Ph.D.
Vice President for Strategic Affairs and Vice Provost for Inclusion and Diversity
- Congratulations to Randolph Grayson and Betty Anderson, our faculty and staff 2017 Principles of Community award winners!
- New - Black Women Graduate from 2017 Class Vet Med School - by Lara Copan
- New - View Statement of Support for VT Transgender Students
- New Principles of Community Video!
- New DSA video on inclusive pedagogy featuring Michele Deramo - Click Here to View
- New Insight Into Diversity Article! - Click Here to View
- Spring 2017 Newsletter - Click Here to View
Interested in donating?
Click the button below.