Our alumni served and continue to serve in many important roles. Their involvement provides needed leadership and supports the success of our current students. LGBTQA+ alumni are a valuable constituency group to the university and both the Alumni Association and the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost, welcome the opportunity to engage and learn from our LGBTQ+ Hokies and the allies who support them. Ex Lapide (Latin for “Out of Stone”) is a free Virginia Tech alumni society for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and alumni and their allies.
- To build a network of LGBTQ+ alumni
- To promote closer fellowship among LGBTQ+ alumni, students, and friends of the university
- To establish effective relationships between the university and LGBTQ+ alumni & supporters
- To encourage LGBTQ+ alumni involvement with the university and the alumni association
- To represent the needs and interests of LGBTQ+ alumni and supporters
- To assist the university in diversity and inclusion efforts
- To help undergraduate and graduate students transition from the academic world, to the workplace
Official website for Ex Lapide Society of Virginia Tech
Date: Saturday, March 19, 2016
Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Ex Lapide Society, oSTEM at Virginia Tech, and the Virginia Tech Alumni Association, invite you to “Out at Work”, a LGBTQ+ student alumni networking event. Enjoy an afternoon of networking and hors d'Oeuvres. Christian Matheis, visiting Assistant Professor of Government and International Affairs in the School of Public and International Affairs at Virginia Tech, will present the keynote address.
All LGBTQ graduates, alumni, and allies are invited to join our celebration of this year's graduates!
Thursday, May 12th, 2016
7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
At the Home of John Gray, Class of 2007